- About Us
Contemplative Outreach was founded 27 years ago to transmit the living tradition of monastic spirituality and the contemplative Christian heritage to those living ordinary lives. Today, as an ecumenical global community of individuals and small faith communities, we annually
- serve over 40,000 people.
- support over 120 active contemplative chapters in 43 countries.
- support over 800 prayer groups, totaling almost 5,000 group members.
- teach over 15,000 people the practice of Centering Prayer and other contemplative practices through locally-hosted and online workshops.
- provide training and resources to local chapters and volunteers.
- publish and distribute the wisdom teachings of Fr. Thomas Keating and the practices of a contemplative life through books, audio and video media, the Internet, teleconferences, articles, etc.