You are here
PRAYER AND COMMUNION
- Share the Prayer: Focus on sharing prayer practices of Centering Prayer, Lectio Divina, Welcoming Prayer, and other Contemplative prayer practices.
- Contemplative Service: Recognize that contemplation leads to service.
- Evolving Spirituality: Be open to the gifts of the maturation of our contemplative communities, and to where that is leading spiritually.
- Communication Channels: Recognizing the high priority of communication in the vital functioning of Contemplative Outreach, commit to using all available communication channels.
- International Conference: Hold International Conferences periodically to bring together the Contemplative Outreach community, encouraging open communication, discussion of ideas, and sharing of the Contemplative Outreach vision.
- Listen and Respond: Initiate dialogue, listen deeply and respond to the emerging needs of the Contemplative Outreach community, including providing financial support.
- Transparency: Commit to transparency and openness on all levels, respecting all insights and information as vital and available to the entire organism.
- Trust: Commit to supporting a culture of radical, invincible trust.
- Financial Openness: Ensure financial transparency to the Contemplative Outreach organism.
- Contemplative Community: Support the transformation from a corporate structure to a contemplative community.
- Collaboration and Empowerment: In transitioning to a broad-based contemplative structure, led by the Holy Spirit and serving the needs of all members, respect and engage the principles of collaboration and empowerment.
- Stability: Balance stability with the evolving needs of the organism.
- Accountability: Ensure accountability to each other and to the Contemplative community.
- Volunteer Community: Promote the involvement of volunteers (and minimize the hiring of paid staff as much as possible and reasonable). Ensure consultation, support, and appreciation of volunteers, since Contemplative Outreach is a global community served by and serving volunteers.
- Simplicity: In supporting the needs of the Contemplative Outreach community, avoid complex structures. Strive for simplicity in communication, programs, resources and finances.
- Self-Sustaining Activities: Assist chapters and local groups in their efforts to be self-sustaining.
- Board Meetings: Hold three face-to-face meetings, in addition to regular conference calls.
RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
- Resources: Support the Contemplative Outreach community with resources, activities and programs that are accessible, affordable, and available.
- Chapter Support: Ensure that Contemplative Outreach Service Teams and chapter volunteers receive the resources needed (financial and personal support) to share the practices and support the needs of chapters.
- Global: Support international growth and development in a real and concrete way, including financial investment, recognizing that growth in Centering Prayer and contemplative practices in new locations is a genuine fruit of the divine economy.
- Investment: Seek ways to invest responsibly in Contemplative Outreach growth, partnering, and support.
ECUMENICAL AND INTERSPIRITUAL OUTREACH
- Dialogue and Partnering: Support the reaching out to other contemplative groups for dialogue and potential partnering, including financial help if needed.
- Interspiritual Dialogue: Similarly, become aware of ways to participate in interspiritual dialogue. Seek out opportunities to sponsor or partner with interspiritual contemplative groups.
Please feel free to share and let us know your thoughts! After all, you will be holding us accountable, we hope!
In Christ’s Love and Peace,