Posted November 4, 2019
From the "Guidelines for Contemplative Outreach Service with Commentary":
1. Contemplative Outreach is an evolving community with an expanding vision and deepening practice of Centering Prayer that serves the changing needs of Christian contemplatives.
Contemplative Outreach, as a community, is a living organism that is interactive, interconnected, interdependent, and dynamic. It aspires to function without a hierarchical structure and is designed to share Centering Prayer and its contemplative vision as widely as possible.
Contemplative Outreach Administrator Position
Servant Leader – Prayerful – Spiritual
Communicator – Connector – Creative
Discerning – Empathy – Generous – Heart Focused – Patient
Humor – Integrity – Kind – Listener
Openness – Transparent – Visionary
- Established daily Centering Prayer practice of at least six years. Committed to Centering Prayer as a way of life.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Vision, Theological Principles, and Guidelines for Contemplative Service of Contemplative Outreach, Ltd.
- Experience as a servant leader within the Contemplative Outreach community.
- Collaborative leadership skills, and experience working with volunteers and employees who work remotely, as modeled by Laloux’s Reinventing Organizations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping (QuickBooks), planning, and budgeting
- Open to learning and working with an online office (Office 365)
The Administrator of Contemplative Outreach will continue to guide the movement of the volunteers and staff of Contemplative Outreach from a corporate and hierarchical way of governing to that of conscious collaboration as described by Fredrick Laloux in his book, Reinventing Organizations. This movement will create an organism that is responsive to the needs of the grass-roots and is committed to being led by the Spirit.
The Administrator will serve as a connector between the Governing Board, volunteers, and staff as we collaboratively continue to evolve in more effective service to the mission of sharing the Prayer.
The Administrator serves all chapters, service teams, members of the Governing Board, and a diverse community of Centering Prayer practitioners who commit their time and resources to fulfill the vision of Contemplative Outreach, Ltd.
The work of the Administrator includes team building, managing remote operations, database administration, and human resources.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Pat Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.