You are here
The Living Flame
Living Flame Contemplative Formation Program
The Living Flame 1 Contemplative Formation program includes seven full-day Saturday sessions offering in-depth spiritual study by commissioned presenters from the various Contemplative Outreach service teams located around the United States. Designed to teach the vital conceptual background needed to support a faithful practice of Centering Prayer, the program also:
- offers encouragement and support in a small community setting;
- heightens the awareness of the purification process;
- helps discern when psychological skills can be helpful tools;
- and provides the opportunity to give and receive spiritual companionship.
This Living Flame 1 Program consists of the following 7 sessions:
- October 20, 2018 - Refinement of Centering Prayer with Kathy Difede - Topics covered include Exploring the sacred symbols (word, breath, glance), Active/Breath Prayer, Minute Book.
- November 17, 2018 - Lectio Divina with Mike Potter - Topics covered include Scholastic method, Christian prayer rooted in Scripture, Relationship.
- January 19, 2019 - The Human Condition with Steve Standiford - Topics covered include True self/false self, emotional programs for happiness.
- February 23, 2019 - Divine Therapy with Rickey Cotton -Topics covered include Understanding the Spiral Staircase, the healing process initiated by Centering Prayer.
- March 16, 2019 - The Dark Night of Sense with Susan Komis - Topics covered include Signs/Temptations, Mourning.
- April 13, 2019 - Welcoming Prayer with Cherry Haisten -Topics covered include Consent on the go, Mary and Martha
- May 4, 2019 - Discernment Practice with Maureen Hanley - Topics covered include Advantages/disadvantages, refining our question.
Participants get the most out of the program if they can commit to attend all 7 sessions as the content builds from month to month. In addition, we highly recommend that Participants have an established Centering Prayer practice of at least 1 year. People with less than a 1 year practice should contact Contemplative Outreach of CT Chapter Coordinator, Mike Smoolca, prior to registering. Although not required, it is highly recommended for all those attending who have not done so recently to attend Introductory Workshops in Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina which are being offered regularly at Holy Family.