Sunday August 30: A Single Prayer

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday August 30: A Single Prayer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday August 30: A Single Prayer
    • Posted by pbegeman on August 28, 2020 at 5:25 pm #108023

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-aug30

[excerpt from email]: “Lord, lock us into the deepest depths of your heart; and then, holding us there, burn us, purify us, set us on fire, sublimate us, till we become utterly what you would have us to be, through the annihilation of all selfishness inside us. Amen.”

Examen:  What would it be if we formed a worldwide network and took up Father Ron’s suggestion? Let the red and golden fire of the morning sun enflame your heart and stretch out your hands and pray your Eucharistic prayer over an awakening world.

• Posted by FrDavid on August 30, 2020 at 1:06 pm #108055

Fr. Teilhard was a prophet before his time. He speaks to us today when we make our creation the very bread and wine, a holy offering of ourselves, our souls, our lives to God.

Every Sunday at 11am. Eastern, we celebrate an interactive, contemplative  Holy Eucharist using Zoom. Since everything, including everyone, is already consecrated, we partake of our own bread and wine together. We share our joys, our sorrow, our gratitude, and our awe for God’s creation.

How beautiful the prayer of Fr. Teilhard.

In Christ, Fr. David

• Posted by KATHLEENG on August 30, 2020 at 3:51 pm #108060

This  week’s offering is most profound.  Imagine, if!  I will sit with these paragraphs throughout the week and for a long time to come.  God, grant me the grace to come nearer to embodying this vision.

• Posted by linda rhead on August 30, 2020 at 5:59 pm #108074

What would it be to form a world-wide network and pray? It would be powerful. As I sit in centering prayer at daybreak here, others are already in prayer in time zones before me and still asleep in time zones after mine. One prayer relay race, passing the prayer baton on to the next contemplative. We are joined by the great cloud of witnesses, those who have gone before, all those yet to be. All praying God’s will be done in and through us. Teaching us how to love better, see the other clearer, hear my neighbor more distinctly. It would have the potential to be a continual prayer, one that is never ending, always healing and comforting; sustaining and nourishing. Lord, in Your mercy, hear my prayer. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on September 1, 2020 at 9:58 pm #108244

Today the world day of  prayer for the care of creation begins here in Canada, The Season of Creation from September 1 to October 4. Elsewhere?

Teilhard’s mystical prayer all those years ago has a decided reverberation today: “Lord lock us into the deepest depths of your heart and then, holding us there, burn us, purify us, set us on fire, sublimate us, till we become utterly what you would have us be, through the annihilation of all selfishness inside us.”

Last Sunday Jeremiah avows: It becomes like fire burning in my heart, imprisoned in my bones; I grow weary holding it…I cannot”

So, I join  in solidarity with all the Teilhard’s and Jeremiah’s in the world today.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.