Sunday March 26: Stronger When We Wait

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday March 26: Stronger When We Wait

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday March 26: Stronger When We Wait
    • Posted by pbegeman on March 24, 2023 at 4:16 pm #134103

Practice: ‘We are stronger when we wait than when we possess’. As you re-read these passages in the manner of lectio divina, notice if you are waiting or if you are quickly moving to possession, i.e., ‘this is what the passages are telling me!’ If you find you’ve bypassed the waiting phase return with seriousness, patience and passion and see what you notice.

You may read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-march26

• Posted by Susan Kenney on March 26, 2023 at 2:55 pm #134128

Why Wait:  Every time I have read this story, I was so sure that Jesus was waiting to create a dramatic effect. And whenever another person waited, I assumed all sorts of motives: indecision, lack of courage, fear, resistance…. The assumptions often came immediately, with no hesitation on my part. How could I have assumed that I could know another’s motives?  Or even (especially?) my own. Waiting attentively and honestly has the potential to reveal the truth.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on March 27, 2023 at 5:44 pm #134144

As I begin my reflections for this week, words from a John Milton poem: On His Blindness: “They also serve who only stand and wait.” have been re-echoing down through my years since I first studies this poem in my late teens/early twenties.  I am in waiting phase, a significant waiting phase of “Detach me from myself, so I can give my all to you”. And so, here I sit…. with all of you……. sitting together.

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on March 28, 2023 at 4:09 pm #134158

I can’t express my gratitude for this morning . I felt surrounded by God’s sheltering arms. It changed my day.

• Posted by linda rhead on April 2, 2023 at 8:36 pm #134232

Sunday March 26: Stronger When We Wait

I am in a “wait and grow” season. I comprehend how there is power in patience, a serious “know that I know” that God has heard my pleas. To passionately wait does not mean to cease all activity until an answer comes. It means to prepare one’s inner house, gently decluttering the dross. Wrestle if needed to stay peaceful in patient preparedness. Then, once released to move, I am ready. Father Keating taught one does not learn how to fight during the midst of a battle; but in the time ahead spent in active preparation. So, I wait in joyful hope. <3 linda

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on May 30, 2023 at 11:41 am #135467

Waiting is hard when I am in disconsolation . But the waiting is a healing balm.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.