Home › Forums › Word of the Week › Sessions › Sunday, November 1 — Such is The Kingdom
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by linda rhead.
- Sunday, November 1 — Such is The Kingdom
[full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-nov1
[excerpt from email]: “Focus on trust,” he said, “When you trust that we are all part of something beautiful beyond our wildest imagination, you will find healing.”
“The whole of the kingdom is ours for the accepting.” – Thomas Keating, Manifesting God
Examen: We’re invited to this Kingdom. Today. This week. Everyday. The Communion of Saints is here entreating us to join and be “agents of transformation and healing from the inside out” – for the sake of ourselves, for the sake of the world. Will you accept this invitation – all through this week? Can you open your heart and let “those others” in, too?
- Posted by Adeline Behm on November 1, 2020 at 11:16 pm #109530
- Posted by Susan Kenney on November 2, 2020 at 3:36 am #109536
I celebrate my birthday on All Saints Day and I have always felt a sacred obligation to remember all of the people in my “communion of saints”. These are people who are mostly unknown, very ordinary and usually overlooked. But they have met me in the day to day “stuff” of life, encouraging me to celebrate the sacred moment by moment. I thank them in a special way today.
- Posted by linda rhead on November 6, 2020 at 7:54 pm #109583
Sunday November 1: Such is the Kingdom
Can I open my heart and let “those others” in, too? In a word, yes. Each centering prayer time I open my heart to all others, past, present and to come, as Father Keating taught so well. Fidelity to the practice, show up every day, pray and do the next practical thing. <3 linda
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.