Join in a Global Community of Prayer on Meditation Chapel
Pray in silence with practitioners from all over the world.
Centering Prayer groups are forming on this global video platform
of online meditation groups.
It’s difficult to describe how profoundly connecting, expansive and intimate it is to see, hear and join in silent prayer with others from all over the world. You just have to try it.
Go here for some tips for using Zoom to pray with others or for moving your Centering Prayer group to this online community.
You’ll find these Centering Prayer groups on the Thomas Keating Chapel, the Peace Chapel and the Wisdom Chapel. You might find this time zone converter useful in translating these times into your local time zone:
- Mondays at 6:30am Eastern (New York) time, hosted by Judith Richards.
- Mondays at 8am Central (Chicago) Time, hosted by Carolyn Goddard — Lectio Divina & Centering Prayer
- Mondays at 10am Eastern (Miami) Time (in Spanish), hosted by Marilu Ason
- Mondays at 1pm Eastern Time, hosted by various facilitators
- Mondays at 2pm Central Time, hosted by Majorie Moffat
- Mondays at 4:30pm Eastern Time, hosted by Lyse Rita Morin, Centering Prayer & reading group
- Mondays at 4:00pm Mountain (Denver) Time, hosted by Christine Merritt; includes opening prayer, followed by review of a short passage from the book, A Radiance of Love: Journaling with the Mystic in Everyone , then Centering Prayer and sharing.
- Mondays at 7:30pm Eastern Time (8:30pm Brasilia time, in Portuguese), hosted by Rosa Assis.
- Mondays at 7pm Mountain (Denver) Time, hosted by Brighid Kelly
- Mondays at 7:30pm Hawaii time, hosted by Pulelehua Quirk and Margie Smith with guided Welcoming Prayer meditation.
- Tuesdays at 6:30am Eastern (New York) time, hosted by Judith Richards.
- Tuesdays at 8am Mountain Time, hosted by Kathleen Muller
- Tuesdays at 9am Eastern Time, hosted by Donna Cole (30 minutes only).
- Tuesdays at 1pm Eastern Time, hosted by various facilitators
Tuesdays at 1pm Mountain Time, hosted by Ken Dreiling
- Tuesdays at 5:00pm Eastern Time (in Portuguese), hosted by Antonio Sergio Giacomo
- Tuesdays at 5:30pm Central (Chicago) time, hosted by Linda Lou Hardison and Sue Miller
- Tuesdays at 5:30pm Mountain Time, hosted by Jim Bernlohr, Centering Prayer as the 11th-Step, open to all
- Tuesdays at 7pm Central time, hosted by Irene Chang and Dennis Davis: especially for those new to Centering Prayer
- Tuesdays at 7pm Mountain Time, hosted by Ken Dreiling
- Wednesdays at 6:30am Eastern Time, hosted by Judith Richards.
- Wednesdays at 8:00am Central (Chicago) time, hosted by Cathy Mann Christiansen.
- Wednesdays at 8:30am Central (Chicago) time, hosted by Sue Miller – a 30-minute Welcoming Prayer practice session.
- Wednesdays at 1pm Eastern Time, hosted by various facilitators
- Wednesdays at 3pm Eastern Time, 12-step Centering Prayer, open to all.
- Wednesdays at 5pm Eastern Time (in Spanish), co-hosted by Marielos Zedan and Maria A Villalobos
- Wednesdays at 7:30pm Eastern (Montreal) Time (in French), hosted by Michel Lavallée
- Wednesdays at 7:00pm Mountain (Denver) Time, hosted by Jim Bernlohr
- Thursdays at 9:00am Eastern Time, hosted by Sharron May
- Thursdays at 9:00am Central Time, hosted by Pattye Spezia and Michele Jankanish: especially for those new to Centering Prayer
- Thursdays at 9:00am Mountain Time, hosted by Jim Bernlohr, Centering Prayer as the 11th-Step, open to all
- Thursdays at 11am Central Time, hosted by Mary Lapham; “Healing Together: A Gathering of Consciousness”: includes a 15-minute Welcoming Prayer practice, a 5-minute break, and 25 minutes of silent prayer.
- Thursdays at noon Central (Chicago) time, hosted by Pat Johnson and Jim Payne
- Thursdays at 2:00pm Central Time, (12-Step, in Spanish) hosted by Marjorie Moffatt
- Thursdays at 6pm Eastern Time, hosted by Isabel Castellanos
- Thursdays at 4-5:30pm Pacific Time, hosted by Susie Mihm, Centering Prayer as the 11th Step, open to all
- Thursdays at 7pm Central Time, hosted by Laurie Erickson
- Thursdays at 7pm Mountain Time, hosted by Shaun Dehne
- Thursdays at 7pm Pacific (Los Angeles) Time, hosted by Bob Brown
- Thursdays at 7:30pm Eastern Time (in Spanish), hosted by Isabel Castellanos
- Fridays at 8:00pm Eastern Time (in Spanish), hosted by Myrna Castro
- Fridays at 1pm Eastern Time, hosted by various facilitators
- Fridays at 2pm Central (Centering Prayer as the 11th Step), hosted by Deacon Peter Emr
- Fridays at 5pm Central Time, hosted by Cathy Mann Christiansen
- Second Saturday of each month: 8 AM Central (Chicago) time – A Mini- Intensive (3 back-to-back prayer periods); hosts Pat Johnson and Jim Payne
- Saturdays at 7:30am Eastern time (in Spanish), hosted by Fernando Actis
- Saturdays at 9:30am Eastern time (in Spanish), hosted by Extensión Contemplativa Internacional
- Saturdays at 1pm Eastern Time, hosted by Corey Krupowicz
- Saturdays at 1:30pm Eastern time, hosted by Chinwe Ebele (from Nigeria)
- Saturdays at 6pm GMT +1 (Dublin) time, facilitated by John Farrelly in the Wisdom Chapel
- Sundays at 9am GMT +1 (Dublin) time, facilitated by John Farrelly
- Sundays at 11am London time (6am Eastern time), facilitated by Liz Maitland: Centering Prayer as Therapy: opening prayer/reading; 20-minute meditation; sharing about spiritual journey, practice and/or the readings; closing prayer.
- Sundays at 1:00pm Eastern time, hosted by various facilitators
- Sundays at 7:30pm Eastern Time (in Portuguese), hosted by Antonio Sergio Giacomo
- Sundays at 9:00pm Eastern Time, hosted by Allan Gajadhar
- Sundays at 7pm Pacific Time, hosted by Bob Brown
To join the groups, follow these steps:
- Go to https://meditationchapel.org/getting-started/ and follow the steps to register on the site.
- You will receive an email with a link to the meditation chapel the group meets in. Once you receive a link to a chapel (i.e., to the Thomas Keating Chapel or to John Main Chapel), it’s always the same link. Save it for future use.
- About 5-10 minutes before the group starts, click on the link to enter the chapel.
- Using a device with a larger screen and video camera is recommended for the best experience (laptop, desktop, tablet).
- It’s easy! Facilitators will introduce you to the group and help you with any questions.
Please share this information with your communities.
If you have any questions, or are interested in being trained as a facilitator for this platform, please email Pamela Begeman.
I see this new medium as a way of not only praying together, but of breaking down distances, barriers, misunderstandings, cultural differences, and other obstacles that tend to separate us. It helps me to realize, not just from a rational level of knowing, but from an experiential way of knowing that we are all God’s creation, we are truly all One. For so many years of my life, I have often prayed for different situations and needs of people around the world. Now I’m praying with people from around the world, and seeing more clearly than ever, the presence of God in everyone and in all of God’s creation.
I would like to warmly invite anyone who might be interested in joining us in this online community. It is a wonderful way of supporting your personal Centering Prayer practice. The online site also has a calendar of other groups and times that may better fit into your day.
– Ken Dreiling
When I first heard about Meditation Chapel, I was a little intimidated. After all, I didn’t know much about WCCM, and online video conferences were out of my comfort zone. However, I was pretty sure the Spirit was nudging me to take a step in this direction, so I signed up and showed up. The first time I participated, I was welcomed and embraced by this community of love. Even though WCCM has a slightly different meditative practice, we are brothers and sisters who pray together in silence for 20-25 minutes in the Presence.
My faith journey has been deeply enriched by praying and sharing with other contemplatives around the world. So much so, that I took an even bigger step by agreeing to facilitate a Centering Prayer group on the Thomas Keating Chapel. I encourage anyone who practices Centering Prayer and longs for community to check us out. All are welcome!
– Brighid Kelly
On Saturday, April 6, 2019 on The Meditation Chapel, Fr. Vincent Pizzuto gave a lively and uplifting Lenten talk from chapter four of his book, Contemplating Christ, which explores contemplative practices in light of our struggle with our inner demons. A recording of the talk is available here on YouTube.