We are currently seeking qualified candidates for one remote-working position below. Please email Mary Jane Yates, Administrator, using the subject heading “Application for ____ (with the job title you are applying for). Your email should include the following:
- a comprehensive outline of your work history, including any volunteer involvement you may have had with Contemplative Outreach;
- a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position;
- your expectations regarding salary, expressed in U.S. dollars at an annual full-time rate (even if position is part-time).
Technical Support Specialist, Contemplative Outreach
Temporary Part-time, with possibility of extension
Contemplative Outreach (CO) is a dynamic, evolving, global network of communities and individuals who are committed to the renewal of the Christian contemplative tradition through the practice of Centering Prayer. Currently there are at least several thousand members worldwide, with an active presence in over 35 countries. Many of our groups meet online for silent meditation and connection, while a small team of dedicated staff support day-to-day operations such as communications, database management, program coordination, and managing the generous donations of both time and resources offered by our many volunteers.
CO is currently seeking a part-time, temporary Technical Support Specialist who will provide support for our current hardware/software/security needs as well as assess what may be needed to strengthen our technical infrastructure in the long term. The position involves not only scoping of larger projects, but also expert vendor selection and project management, as the need arises.
- Complete a migration of e-mail accounts from Web.com to Office 365 for all staff
- Training and ongoing support to staff with use of Office 365 tools, including Outlook, Calendar, Sharepoint, Excel and OneDrive.
- Review CO’s current use of Zoom and provide any training and support needed for enhancing our Zoom capacity
- Complete a review of data needs and capabilities and investigate a new database system compatible with WordPress
- Review and investigate software alternatives for delivering online courses and other programming as needed
- Oversee various ongoing improvements to website functionality:
- Better search and linking tools for online store
- MailChimp plug-in for better campaign and e-commerce tracking
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Optimize Google Analytics
- Work with the Communication Coordinator on strategic development of website, including capacity assessment, content and brand refresh as needed
- Provide ongoing technical support and advice to both staff and volunteers, for example assisting local prayer groups or Chapters with setting up websites and/or creating links to events they wish to promote
Skills we are seeking:
- Experience with and commitment to daily meditation or Christian contemplative practice
- In-depth knowledge of computers and information technology systems
- Experience working in IT support for a minimum of 3 years
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Project management experience
- Vendor management experience
- Some experience with website and/or database platforms
- An excellent team player who welcomes diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Experience working remotely with different times zones
- Commitment to continuous learning