- About Us
If you are attracted to the contemplative dimension of Christian teachings and practices and don’t know where to begin, you may find these suggestions useful. Pray for guidance, discernment and wisdom, that you may be clearly guided and drawn by God's will for you.
- Read Thomas Keating’s book, Open Mind, Open Heart.
- To learn the method of Centering Prayer, you may
(1) Take an Introduction to the Centering Prayer Workshop; or
(2) take an online course; or
(3) use the in-home training package. In the meantime, you may wish to read the Centering Prayer pamphlet.
- Attend a local Centering Prayer support group to support your daily practice and your growing relationship with God and others along the way. Find a local prayer group.
- Practice Centering Prayer for a minimum of 20 minutes, twice each day, with the intention of deepening your relationship with God.
- Consult the Guide to Contemplative Outreach Resource Materials (webpage) for further reading and media options. Download pdf.
- Support your practice. Browse this document "Support for your ongoing Centering Prayer practice: living the contemplative life." Downloadable pdf
It contains Information regarding staying connected, Centering Prayer online, other programs and online courses.